I spotted this super unique A3 in the Arizona Audi Fans Facebook Group, where it is currently listed as for-sale for a mere $12,400. The car has a ton of custom work to it, and even though I can be pretty critical of bolt-on wide bodies on some cars, this A3 pulls it off very well. Starting with a RS3 front bumper, the owner (Instagram @dakotamurphy) then had a custom Fiberglass mafia widebody kit installed, along with custom canards, and wrapped in 3M 1080 Satin Battleship Gray and a gloss black roof. The rest of the car has a ton of other nice OEM and aftermarket parts to finish the look. The Battleship Gray wrap really pulls the whole theme together, and make this car look like an angry, evil version of the otherwise very conservative looking hatchback.
The widebody kit allows the owner to run 18×10.5″ wheels, giving plenty of space for some nice meaty tires. The A3 is a fun car, but has trouble handling the power of a big turbo kit in FWD, so this car would be perfect for someone looking to a big turbo build…of if left as-is, the car already has a tune, intake and exhaust to wake the already peppy 2.0T up a little more.
Full mod list:
- Complete Front End Conversion to RS3 Style
- Fully Functional Retrofit LED Bar Headlights with HID Projectors
- Custom Fiberglass Mafia Widebody
- Custom Canards
- Ambit RT8 18×10.5 +15 5×114.3 Matte Gunmetal Wheels
- SickSpeed Neochome Lug Nuts
- Wrapped in Like New Michelin Tires
- Adjustable Camber Arms
- Raceland Adjustable Coilovers
- Full 3M 1080 Satin Battleship Gray Wrap
- 3M 1080 Gloss Black Roof Wrap
- Sickspeed Neochrome Bolt Accents
- Evolution Motorsports V-Flow Cold Air Intake
- Full Exhaust with NeoChrome Tip
- High Flow Catalytic Converter
- Kenwood KD-R460 Stereo CD/AUX/USB
- Wired for a Sub/Amp in Trunk
For more information, check out the for sale listing on Craigslist. A big thanks to Dakota for sharing the pictures with me!
Pic Credit: J Will Media, Colmenero Photography